This 10 minute Buddha Bowl is a perfect example of a fast yet healthy meal. This delicious veggie bowl is served with a creamy cashew sauce for the perfect touch.
10-Minute Buddha Bowl With Creamy Cashew Sauce [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 3 cups of fresh organic greens kale, arugula, spinach, baby chart, etc.
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 small beet shredded
- 1 large zucchini spiralled
- 1/2 cup raw sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds sprouted if available
- 1-2 cup sprouts
- Handful dried seaweed cut into small pieces (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 organic lemon juiced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp white miso (optional)
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Approximately 3/4 cup water substitution: coconut water
- First, wash all the veggies (greens, carrot, beat, zucchini and sprouts).
- Chop the greens (in necessary) and divide them into two large bowl.
- Now run the zucchini through a spiralizer. Set it on top of the greens.
- Peel and shred the carrot and beat. Add them to your salad bowls.
- Prepare the sauce.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more water, if needed to create the desired consistency.
- Top each salad bowl with 1/4 cup sauerkraut, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, generous amount of fresh sprouts and finally chopped seaweed.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of cashew sauce over each bowl and you are ready to dig in. Enjoy!
You can store any unused cashew sauce for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.