Teff is a small grain, popular in Ethiopian baking. Its unique flavor and fluffy texture make it the perfect candidate for gluten-free pancakes! Spiced with cinnamon and topped with fruit, who could ask for more?
Teff Pancakes With Pomegranate and Pears [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup whole grain teff flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1 Bosc pear
- Coconut oil, for the pan
- Slice the pear into bite-sized pieces and toss with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Melt a small spoonful of coconut oil in a skillet and sauté the pears until they are warm and slightly softened. Set aside.
- Cut pomegranate in fourths and remove seeds. Set aside.
- In separate bowls, mix together all of your dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Melt another small spoonful of coconut oil in a skillet until heated.
- Pour batter onto pan, using 2-3 tablespoons per pancake.
- Scatter sauteed pear pieces over the pancake before flipping. Once tiny bubbles form and break on the surface, flip over the pancake. Cook for several minutes over medium heat until center is dry.
- Serve with remaining chopped pear and pomegranate seeds.