These cookies are gluten-free, vegan, and free of refined sugars so you can enjoy them with all their health benefits and no guilt!
Tahini Turmeric Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax seed egg (mix 1 tablespoons ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water and sit for a few minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, this is important so that your baking sheet doesn't stain!
- In a large bowl, cream together tahini, coconut oil, and coconut sugar until well combined. Add in egg or flax egg, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add in coconut flour, black pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt over the dough and blend in with a spatula. The dough will be thick and oily.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop out tablespoons of the dough and round into a ball shape. Then place on to your prepared baking sheet a couple inches apart from each other, Gently flatten the balls with your hands.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until cookies are set and lightly golden on the edges. Allow cookies to cool before eatng.
You may use any nut or seed butter in replace of tahini