These no-bake tahini oat bars are chewy, nutty (without any nuts), and loaded with powerhouse ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, and chia seeds. Make a batch at the weekend and have a delicious, healthy snack you can enjoy throughout the week. They are gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan.
Tahini Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tahini Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried prunes, dates would also work
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
How to Prepare Tahini Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add oats, prunes, pumpkin seeds, tahini, honey, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is holding together, transfer into the loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Fold the parchment over the top and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Place in the fridge for a few minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until melted. Pour melted chocolate over the bars and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Place the bars back in the fridge to harden (about 30 minutes). Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store bars in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold or at room temperature (I’ve found that they hold together best when chilled and they taste delicious straight from the fridge).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.