These no-bake tahini oat bars are chewy, nutty (without any nuts), and loaded with powerhouse ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, and chia seeds. Make a batch at the weekend and have a delicious, healthy snack you can enjoy throughout the week. They are gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan.
Tahini Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried prunes, dates would also work
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add oats, prunes, pumpkin seeds, tahini, honey, ground flaxseed, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture is holding together, transfer into the loaf pan lined with parchment.
- Fold the parchment over the top and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Place in the fridge for a few minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals until melted. Pour melted chocolate over the bars and spread using the back of a spoon.
- Place the bars back in the fridge to harden (about 30 minutes). Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store bars in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy cold or at room temperature (I’ve found that they hold together best when chilled and they taste delicious straight from the fridge).