Sweet potato toast is all the rage, but it can end up as a culinary disaster when you put it in the toaster. Save yourself the disappointment and bake your sweet potato slices instead. With all of the glory and none of the disaster, these little sweet potato toasties are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside slices of heaven. They take all of about two minutes to prep and cook in less than 15 minutes and are so delicious with sweet or savory toppings.
Sweet Potato Toasties [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 large sweet potato
- Approximately 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Assorted fresh or dried berries and nuts
- Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash, and peel if desired, a sweet potato.
- Cut the sweet potato into thin, uniform slices (about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick).
- Toss the sweet potatoes slices in olive oil and sea salt.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and bake for about 13-15 minutes until they brown slightly.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with avocado, nut butter, maple syrup and whatever nuts, seeds, or berries you choose.