The recipe below contains an amazing combination of flavors, but you can easily omit or substitute any of the flavorings to make fries that are ideal for your taste buds.
Sweet Potato Fries With Maple-Tahini Garlic Dip [Vegan]
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed (peeling is optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- turmeric, cumin, additional spices of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, then slice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch sticks. Pat dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture that would prevent the fries from crisping.
- Place prepared sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl, and mix until all fries are evenly coated. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart so that none are overlapping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the fries are crisp and golden. It is best to flip them halfway through baking, in order to achieve an even texture and browning.