Even if you’re not a big fan of sweet potato, these sweet treats will win you over. Made from Asian sweet potato, coconut, and sugar, these three-ingredient bites are made by combining mashed sweet potato and flaked coconut — it's that easy! The coconut and sugar coating gives a gorgeous contrast in texture to the creamy, smooth sweet potato! Serve these up chilled on a warm day.
3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Coconut Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large (about 11 ounces) sweet potato, Asian or regular
- 1/4 cup grated coconut, plus more for rolling
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for rolling
- Steam/boil/microwave the sweet potato until soft. Cool slightly, then peel the skin. Use a fork to mash the cooked potatoes with or without lumps according to your preference.
- Stir in the sugar, one spoon at a time. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, so add just as much as your sweet potato needs to suit your tastes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of grated coconut. Shape large scoops of the sweet potato into balls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, roll in some grated coconut, then in sugar.
- Serve chilled.