These pots are decadent, chocolatey and secretly healthy thanks to blending up cooked sweet potato to create a thick but silky texture, perfect for these little desserts.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Pots [Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large sweet potato
- 6 dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes then drained
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or date nectar
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Drizzled dark chocolate and cacao nibs, to decorate
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and cook until soft then drain and leave to cool.
- Add to a blender or food processor with the other ingredients (other than to decorate) and blend well until smooth and quite thick.
- Scrape between two individual pots or ramekins and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle over melted chocolate, sprinkle with cacao nibs and enjoy!