You have the sweet creaminess of the sweet potato, with the little crunch from the lentils, mixed in with the sweet, tangy, peanut buttery dressing, topped with the earthy beet microgreens. This burger is simply delicious!
Sweet Potato Cheeseburgers with Peanut Sauce [Vegan, High-Protein]
To Make the Patties:
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup water (to cook the lentils)
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt, optional
To Make the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup arugula, packed
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pour 1 cup of water, the lentils, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook until there is only a little crunch left (you don’t want them mushy like a paste).
- In another saucepan, cook the sweet potato in boiling water until soft, strain the water and mash.
- In an oiled frying pan, cook the onions until golden, add salt.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked lentils, mashed sweet potatoes, onions, oat flakes, cornmeal, cumin seed, and onion powder. Season.
- Form your patties by pressing firmly so they keep their shape.
- Add your patties in a warm, oiled frying pan and cook until golden on each side on a medium/high heat. (around 2-3 minutes on each side)
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Warm up your burger buns, add the patties, drizzle with the dressing and top with the cheese and beet microgreens.