Yes you read that right ‘sweet potato carrot cake’! Sweet potato is a great replacement to flour in this recipe, less than 100 calories per slice, 7g Protein and gluten free. Whats Even better?! You won’t even realize this is healthy!
Sweet Potato Carrot Cake [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sweet Potato Carrot Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 medium sweet potato, minced
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup natural vegan yogurt
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tablespoon plant-based protein powder (optional)
- Handful of chopped walnuts
How To Make Sweet Potato Carrot Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the base of a cake tin or baking tray with parchment paper
- Combine all the ingredients for the cake in a blender except for the fruit and grated carrot and blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Mix in the carrot and the raisins to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tine and bake for around 30 minutes until springy to touch and golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, combine the quark, protein and lemon juice for the frosting.
- Once the cake is cooled top with the frosting and sprinkle with some chopped walnuts.
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile