This recipe is a real treat! It’s quick, easy, and of course, mega-delicious. A versatile recipe that can be enjoyed on its own or you can use it in sandwiches and salads. Roasted sweet potatoes are steamed and then mashed with sun-dried tomatoes and then baked until light, fluffy, and delicious. They're paired with a smoky, creamy cashew cheese that's perfect for dipping.
Sweet Potato Bites With Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sweet Potato Bites:
- 1.3 pounds peeled sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 7 ounces raw cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice form 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 390°F. Peel, chop, and dice the sweet potato. Steam sweet for 10 minutes until soft or test it by poking it with a fork.
- Place one chopped onion along with the garlic, salt & pepper, parsley, cayenne pepper, sun-dried tomato, and boiled sweet potato into a powerful food processor and pulse until the ingredients turn into mashed potato.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the ground almond and gluten-free flour and mix together (adjust seasoning if needed).
- Begin forming the sweet potato bites by either rolling into a ball or using two spoons. Place the bites on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the bites are baking in the oven, prepare the vegan cashew cheese that will be used as a dipping sauce.
- Drain the water from the cashews; place them into a powerful blender along with nutritional yeast, water, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and blend until the cashew turns into a cream cheese.
- Pour the cream cheese into a container and sprinkle with cayenne pepper (optional).
- Dip the sweet potato bites in the cashew cheese and enjoy.