Pumpkin and curry spices have a great affinity, so these are a winner. They are fast and simple to make, and delicious. They are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Sometimes I serve them with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt or I just scatter them with some fresh coriander leaves from the garden. This recipe would work with carrot and parsnip too.
Super Simple Curried Pumpkin Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 3/4 cups raw pumpkin
- ½ cup chick pea (besan) flour
- 2 teaspoons of your favourite curry powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbs water
- 2 tbs oil for frying
- Grate the pumpkin coarsely into a bowl.
- Mix in the salt and curry powder.
- Stir in the chick pea flour. It will be a little dry, so add the water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture just sticks together. It shouldn't be wet.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, turn the heat down to low.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mixture for each patty to the pan and neaten and shape into patties and loosen from the bottom so they don't stick.
- Allow to fry on that side for 2 minutes, and then carefully flip and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on paper to remove any excess oil.