This chickpea filling is awesome because you don’t have to use it in a sandwich if you don’t want. Wraps, salads, lettuce leaves or heck, even just right out of the bowl works! You can just have at this filling any way your heart desires. It’s one of those meals you can make when your so ridiculously on the verge of a hunger meltdown recipes because it takes all of ten minutes and is so filling.
Super Fast Chickpea Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1-15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons parlsey
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave (or can sub maple syrup)
- 1.5 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons plain unsweetened nutmilk
- 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chickpeas into a medium sized bowl. Using the back of a fork, smash the chickpeas a bit so that some of them are squished.
- Add in the apples, onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the tahini, apple cider vinegar, agave, dijon and nutmilk together. Add in the kelp flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing in with the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.