This hoisin tofu is so easy to make, it's guaranteed to become a weeknight staple. Tofu is stir-fried in a sticky, sweet, and spicy sauce that will make your taste buds dance. Serve on a bed of brown rice, your favorite grain, or even noodles.
Super Easy Hoisin Tofu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 /12 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 12-ounce block firm or extra firm pressed tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Combine hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, coconut aminos, hot chili paste, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the tofu and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until tofu starts to brown. Transfer browned tofu to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Add tofu back to skillet along with the hoisin mixture, tossing to coat tofu evenly.
- Sauté another 2 to 3 minutes, making sure tofu is evenly coated and sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and serve over farro, rice, vegetables, noodles, and whatever you choose.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds and cilantro, then serve.
This recipe was adapted from Easy Hoisin Shrimp from Gimme Some Oven.