What’s so great about sunflower seed butter? It’s peanut-free, tree-nut free, and gluten-free, so it’s great for people with these types of food allergies. It also has 1/3 less saturated fat than peanut butter and 27 percent of your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin E in one serving, and it’s high in iron, fiber, and protein.
Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup date sugar.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vegan carob chips
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp store-bought Egg Replacer plus 4 tbsp warm water as egg replacer (replaces 2 eggs)
- 2 tsp baking soda, sodium free Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Prepare Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, use nonstick baking mats or lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix ingredients all together.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-25 minutes (15 minutes for a chewier cookie and 25 minutes for a crispier one).
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store cookies in airtight container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.