What’s so great about sunflower seed butter? It’s peanut-free, tree-nut free, and gluten-free, so it’s great for people with these types of food allergies. It also has 1/3 less saturated fat than peanut butter and 27 percent of your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin E in one serving, and it’s high in iron, fiber, and protein.
Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup date sugar.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vegan carob chips
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp store-bought Egg Replacer plus 4 tbsp warm water as egg replacer (replaces 2 eggs)
- 2 tsp baking soda, sodium free Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, use nonstick baking mats or lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix ingredients all together.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-25 minutes (15 minutes for a chewier cookie and 25 minutes for a crispier one).
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store cookies in airtight container.