These sunflower seed butter and chocolate chip energy bites make for a particularly delicious portable snack for any time of day. They are ideal for busy lifestyles, as they only require a few simple ingredients, and take just minutes to make! With the perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats, and, of course, chocolate, they are sure to provide a much-needed energy boost whenever hunger strikes!
Sunflower Seed Butter and Chocolate Chip Energy Bites [Vegan]
- 1 cup soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup creamy sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of water, only if necessary to blend
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- Process medjool dates in a food processor until a sticky and creamy consistency is formed (may form a ball). Add in oats, sun butter, cinnamon, and vanilla and process until well combined. If the dough is dry, you may add a few tablespoons of water to help everything stick together. Gently pulse in the chocolate chips, just until they are well incorporated into the dough.
- Use your hands to form the dough into balls. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set. Enjoy!
Store these energy bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!