A delicious combination of fresh berries and fruit layered with yogurt & granola. Quick, easy & simple, it makes a perfect back-to-school breakfast or an afternoon snack. You can prepare it the night before to save precious time on the morning school run.
Summery Berry Crunch [Vegan]
- 7 ounces granola
- 1 ounce toasted mixed seeds
- 7 ounces natural or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3.5 ounces strawberries
- 3.5 ounces raspberries
- 0.5 pomegranate halves
- 3 peaches
- Hull the strawberries and cut them into rounds lengthways. Add to a medium-sized bowl along with the raspberries and juice of an orange. Add the vanilla essence and give it a good mix.
- Cut your pomegranate in half, place it over a bowl, and lay the cut side face-down in the palm of your hand.
- Using a heavy spoon or rolling pin, bash the top side until all the seeds start to fall through your fingers. Discard
- Cut the peaches up roughly and set them aside.
- Get yourself four large glasses or jam jars and start layering: add one tablespoon of granola to the bottom of each glass followed by two tablespoons of the fruit mix, a sprinkling of seeds, and a layer of yogurt, then top with peaches.
- Repeat until the glass is nearly full and top with a final layer of granola and a little pile of the remaining fruit and seeds.