Zoodles are a fun way to switch things up if you want a lighter version of pasta. Don’t be fooled, though – this bowl is filling. With edamame and the creamy avocado lime sauce, as well as any added veggies, this dish is a fresh and flavorful meal that's perfect for warmer weather. The zoodles can be served raw or sautéed for a more pasta-like texture, but eating them raw makes for a meal that's refreshing.
Summer Zoodle Glow Bowl With Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup edamame, shelled and cooked
For the Optional Add-Ins:
- Bell peppers
- Purple cabbage
For the Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2-3 slices of jalapeño (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by spiralizing the zucchini and cooking the edamame according to the package's directions. Combine them in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a food processor, blend up all ingredients for the creamy avocado lime sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer sauce into the large bowl and toss with the zoodles. Serve.
If you want to eat the zoodles warm for a more pasta-like feel, then lightly sauté them with non-stick cooking spray for about 5 minutes on the stove. Then toss with the avocado sauce and enjoy. If you plan on having leftovers, keep the sauce and zoodles separate in the refrigerator. Stays fresh for up to 2 days but best when eaten immediately.