These power bars contain no added sugars or syrups — the only sweetener is bananas! This makes them the perfect treat for when you're trying to cut back on sugar. Turmeric gives them their golden color, but with goji berries raisins, peanut butter, cinnamon, and nuts acting as the base, the taste is undetectable. Grab one of these on your way out the door so you have a tasty, filling snack on hand.
Sugar-Free Turmeric Power Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sugar-Free Turmeric Power Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground or broken
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
How to Prepare Sugar-Free Turmeric Power Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a bowl, mash the banana and mix it with the peanut butter, flaxseeds, chia seeds, turmeric, and cinnamon.
- Once that has been mixed well, chop the walnuts (or other nuts, like pecans) and add the remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking dish with a piece of parchment paper and fill it with the mixture. Flatten it and at this point, you can cut them into your desired shapes.
- Bake them for about 45-50 minutes (just make sure the top doesn't burn).
- When you take them out of the oven, place them on a cooling rack to completely cool.
Store them in an airtight container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.