Stuffed sweet potatoes are always an easy lunch. Not only that, they're budget-friendly and filling! These stuffed sweet potatoes are loaded with black beans, crushed peanuts, crunchy banana chips, and fresh cilantro. Then, you drizzle a spicy and creamy peanut sauce over the whole dish to add one last layer of flavor.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or soy sauce
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe peanut sauce, above
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped banana chips (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
To Make the Peanut Sauce:
- In a large bowl, mix the hot water, rice vinegar, and sugar until completely dissolved.
- Add the Sriracha and peanut butter. Whisk vigorously to emulsify. It will thicken as the sauce comes together and cools. If it's too thick, you can add a little extra hot water until you reach the consistency you desire.
- Add salt or soy sauce and taste. Add more sugar or Sriracha, if desired.
To Make the Sweet Potatoes:
- Bake the sweet potatoes. About 40 min at 400°F, depending on the size your potatoes.
- Prepare the peanut sauce and other toppings while the potatoes are baking.
- Cut the baked potatoes in half, score with a knife, and top with black beans, peanut sauce, cilantro, peanuts, and banana chips.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over the top.
- Sweet Potato