Stretchy, gooey, dairy-free cheese ... made with potatoes? While most melty, stretchy vegan cheese is made from cashews, these genius recipe makes the magic happen with just veggies! A simple cheese that goes great on sandwiches and pizza or that can be used as a dip!
Stretchy Potato Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Potato Cheese:
- 2-3 medium boiled potatoes
- 1 cooked carrot
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- A few tablespoons of water or vegetable broth, for consistency
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (optional)
- 1/3 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces. Chop the carrot. If you haven't already, cook both vegetables in salted water until tender.
- Strain vegetables and add to the bowl of a blender. Add nutritional yeast, garlic, and spices. Add oil, then blend. Add water or broth as needed in order to achieve your desired consistency. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate what you don't use.