The great thing is that you can really get creative with what you put inside and on top and apart from looking super pretty, it gives you lots of good stuff (like fiber and protein) to start your day happy.
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal [Vegan]
For the oatmeal:
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based alternative)
- 1 banana (1/2 for throwing inside, 1/2 for the topping)
- a handful of strawberries
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
For the toppings:
- Crushed almonds
- Desiccated coconut
- Roasted buckwheat
- Goji berries
- Mix the rolled oats, water and almond milk together in a saucepan.
- Add half of the banana, strawberries and chia seeds and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the oats are hot and creamy. If it gets too sticky and dry, add some milk until it’s creamy again. I put regular oats in my blender to get rolled oats because it gets more sticky, but you can also just use the regular ones, just add more liquids and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Once it has the desired consistency, place everything in a bowl, add the toppings you like and enjoy!