This is a wild style, Japanese rooted stir-fry with soul food tendencies. The sweet potatoes and greens are prepared in fairly neutral flavors so each hold up and pair well with the garlic, ginger, soy, etc. The sweet potatoes are such a nice touch, as the sweetness balances out the dish to contrast the salt and acidity of the sauce. The best part about the dish is that there is little prep and very little cooking. It’s all wok based, after all. Easy prep, easy cook, easy clean-up!
Stir-Fried Soba Noodles With Sweet Potatoes And Collard Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Stir-Fried Soba Noodles With Sweet Potatoes And Collard Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 8-ounces soba noodles (make sure they are made from 100 percent buckwheat flour to make it gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 pound roasted sweet potatoes (cut into 1/4-inch squares)
- 1/4 cup of collard greens
- 6 ounces fresh baby Portobello mushrooms
How To Make Stir-Fried Soba Noodles With Sweet Potatoes And Collard Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine stock, tamari, rice wine, sugar, and salt to taste in a small bowl. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Combine garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in another bowl.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to directions. Drain and toss with the sesame oil.
- Heat a flat-bottomed wok over high heat. Add a tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger then stir-fry for no more than 10 seconds before adding the mushrooms.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute then add the noodles, sweet potatoes, and the stock mixture. Reduce heat to medium and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the collard greens then stir-fry another 30 seconds to a minute, until well combined, and serve.
Per Serving: Calories: 880| Carbs: 140 g | Fat: 36 g | Protein: 45 g | Sodium: 3,503 mg | Sugar: 15 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile