This recipe for Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts is super easy and delicious. Enjoy it over rice or as a side to just about any protein. The flavors and textures compliment each other so perfectly. You have to try it!
Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts [Vegan]
- 2 large bunches of spinach, trimmed and washed (bagged spinach will work, too...enough for four servings after cooking)
- 1 generous handful of raisins soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes
- 1 handful of pine nuts, toasted
- 1 medium onion, diced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- olive oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the raisins and toast the pine nuts before dicing the onion.
- Heat some olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large skillet or dutch oven. Saute the onions until they soften and begin to change color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spinach.
- When the onions are ready, drain the raisins and add them to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add the spinach in batches, adding another handful as the previous one cooks down.
- Add the toasted pine nuts and stir everything together to combine well.