Spinach and artichoke dip just got an upgrade! Add some easy homemade pizza dough to the classic, cheesy dip, and you have spinach and artichoke rolls featuring Legrand vegan cream cheese! This vegan spinach and artichoke recipe is perfect paired with marinara sauce for dipping… or even more Legrand cream cheese!
Spinach and Artichoke Rolls [Vegan]
Seasoned Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 teaspoons Yeast (one packet)
- 1 teaspoon Brown or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tabespoon Parsley Flakes
- 1 tablespoon FlavorGod Pizza Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
Spinach and Artichoke Rolls
- 1 Ball Seasoned Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup vegan Chive and Onion Cream Cheese*
- 2 cups Spinach
- 4 Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Parsley Flakes (for topping)
- 1/4 cup Marinara Sauce (or pizza sauce, to dip)**
To Make the Seasoned Pizza Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, yeast, oil, and sugar. Let sit for about 10 minutes so the yeast can activate.
- Mix in flour, salt, and all seasonings. Mix until a ball forms.
- Knead pizza dough for 5 - 10 minutes. Form into a ball, then place in a greased mixing bowl, coated in oil
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 - 2 hours. I usually put mine in the oven to rise! Preheat the oven on a low temp, open the oven door to let some heat escape, then place the covered dough in to let it rise.
- Once the dough has risen, and doubled in size, punch it down, and knead it back into a ball.
For the Spinach and Artichoke Rolls:
- Grease a small pan (cake pan works best), and preheat oven to 420°F.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat with oil.
- Saute onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the garlic and onion is cooking, chop artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Add spinach to the onion and garlic. Saute until the spinach is wilted.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach / onion / garlic mixture with chopped artichoke hearts, and vegan Cream Cheese.
- Spread the pizza dough out into a rectangle, about the size of a sheet of paper. The dough rises quite a bit, so make sure its pressed pretty thin. 1/4 inch is fine.
- Spread the spinach and artichoke mixture evenly over the pizza dough, working it edge to edge.
- Roll the pizza dough into a long cylinder. Poke a few toothpicks through where the dough meets to hold it in place while you cut it.
- Cut 1 inch thick rolls off the pizza cylinder and place them in the cake pan. Line them up around the edges first, then fill the center with 2 - 4 more rolls! They should be pretty close together, it's better if they're touching!
- Spray the tops of my spinach and artichoke rolls with oil so they would brown, this is optional but recommended. Sprinkle tops with parsley if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then serve warm with marinara sauce to dip!