Salads. Seemingly boring, right? You’ve seen me jazz up salads with apple noodles before and this recipe today is another way to use apples in your salads. Salads aren’t just for the summertime, when you’re trying to fit into those bikinis (or mankini, if that’s your thing) – they’re for every season, it just depends on what they’re made up of. This time, I’m transitioning from summer to fall flavors, by using cranberries and apples, two flavors that are indicative of chilly-temps.
Spinach and Apple Noodle Salad [Vegan]
- 5 cups of baby spinach
- 3 apples, Blade C
- ½ cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Place the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the salad into a large serving or salad bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss to combine thoroughly and serve.