Need a healthy lunch option that doesn't skimp on the flavor? These spicy pita pockets will give you the boost you need to power you through the afternoon. It's packed with chickpeas, greens, and spicy radishes for a light lunch that's perfect for spring!
Spicy Spring Garden Pitas [Vegan]
For the Hummus:
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Pitas:
- Curried sweet pea hummus
- 4 pitas
- 2 cups microgreens or pea shoots
- 8 assorted radishes
- 2 tablespoons tahini
To Make the Hummus:
- Combine all hummus ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
To Make the Pitas:
- Wash and dry the microgreens and slice the radishes into thin slices.
- Cut the pitas in half and gently pull them apart to create a pocket. Spread the hummus along the inside of the pitas.
- Stuff each pita full of delicious microgreens and radish slices. Drizzle with tahini and season with salt and pepper, to taste.