This raw mango salad is a flavor explosion in each bite! It's tangy from the raw mango, crunchy from the peanuts, sesame seeds, and raw onions, a little bitter-sweet from the fried onion and spicy and garlicky sweet all over. Yum!
Spicy Raw Mango Salad [Vegan]
- 1 green mango, grated finely
- 1-2 tablespoons red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup bengal gram, powdered
- 1 onion, finely sliced and deep-fried until crispy and golden brown
- 3-4 sliced garlic cloves, deep fried in the same onion oil
- A handful of roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup finely sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Finely slice the onion and deep-fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Deep fry the garlic cloves in the same onion oil.
- Save a few tablespoons of the oil you just used.
- In a shallow dish, toss in all of the ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning according to preference of heat.
- Serve immediately.