Broccoli is a well liked vegetable in our home…especially by my youngest son. But I decided to change things up a little with this Spicy Lemon Sauteed Broccolini instead of our regular broccoli. Why? Because the broccolini is cuter, of course. I just like the long, thin stalks on them for some reason. I normally lightly steam our broccoli when I make it and have always enjoyed a squeeze of fresh lemon over it, but today I decided to change it up a little. I sauteed the broccolini for just a few minutes, added lemon juice as usual but this time sprinkled in some red pepper flakes to make it spicy. So if you like the tangy flavor of lemon, a little spicy kick and broccolini (or broccoli), you will love this. And, it was ready in only a matter of minutes.
Spicy Lemon Sautéed Broccolini [Vegan]
- 2 cups organic broccolini
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut the stems off the broccolini.
- Add the broccolini and all other ingredients to a skillet and mix together.
- Lightly sautee' on medium-high heat for approximately 2 - 3 minutes, or just enough to warm it up.
- Optional: garnish with sesame seeds or nutritional yeast.
Tip #1: It is pretty spicy with 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes…adjust to your preference. Tip #2: This recipe will make approximately 1 – 2 servings…just double or triple the servings if you need more. Tip #3: I’ve made this with both broccolini and regular broccoli and both worked fine so you can use whichever you have or prefer.