Korean red pepper paste is a great way to add some spice to any ordinary noodle dish. These noodles are mixed with some of the pepper paste and then are topped with sautéed mushrooms and Swiss chard. Sprinkle on some fresh green onion and dinner is served!
Spicy Korean Red Pepper Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 box of mushrooms
- Bunch of Swiss chard
- 2 green onion stalks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Korean red pepper paste and water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 6 ounces noodles (gluten-free if necessary)
- Slice mushroom, chop Swiss chard, and green onions.
- Sauté Swiss chard in 1 tablespoon oil with a dash of salt in a skillet. Once the color changes remove chard from heat and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms with a little soy sauce until they’re soft. Set mushrooms aside.
- Mix pepper paste with water to thin it out. As much or as little water as you’d like. Add to skillet.
- Cook pasta. Add noodles to skillet. Mix with red pepper paste. Add mushrooms and greens.