These 5-ingredient spicy black bean jalapeño burgers are paired with a tahini lime sauce, healthy, tasty, and store well in the freezer. These simple burgers have a hearty, earthy flavor that's given a spicy kick from the jalapeños that is counteracted by the creamy, tangy tahini sauce. Plus they're quick and easy to make.
5-Ingredient Spicy Black Bean Jalapeño Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- A pinch of salt plus pepper, optional
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Make the quinoa and let cool.
- Put the oats in food processor and pulse them until a textured flour is formed.
- Add this to a large bowl for mixing.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, pulse them in a food processor until they're broken up and mashed looking.
- Add them to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the jalapeño and onion, place them in the food processor, and pulse them until they're tiny and minced looking. Add them to the bowl. Add the quinoa to the bowl.
- Using a spoon or your hands, mix the ingredients up well and form large burger patties.
- Using a non-stick pan or sprayed pan, heat it to medium heat and place the burgers in the skillet.
- Cook them until they're golden brown and crispy (5-10 minutes) and then carefully flip them and cook the other side.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and drizzle it over the burgers.