These are so easy to make and so much fun, it makes every night feel like a fiesta. Big and small kids alike love building their own tacos at the dinner table and when delicious fillings ooze from broken taco shells, it’s guaranteed grins all round. Crunchy, messy fun.
Spicy Bean Chili and Rice Tacos With Cashew Sour Cream [Vegan]
- 1 package taco shells
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cans Mexi Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 red chillis, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 corn cob
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped (or continental parsley if you can’t find coriander)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Corn from 1 cob
- Jalapeños, chopped
- Add all ingredients to blender and allow to soak for an hour (or as long as possible while you are making the other dishes).
- Blend on high-speed until smooth and creamy.
- Slice corn from the cob and toss all ingredients (except coriander) into a large pot over medium heat.
- Allow to simmer for ten minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and stir coriander leaves through.
- Cook rice as per packet instructions, adding spices to the rice as it cooks.
- Warm taco shells slightly in a moderate oven (optional) and serve with a tray of salad (sliced lettuce, cucumber and cherry tomatoes) and bowls of bean chilli, spicy rice, sour cream and guacamole. Oh and napkins! These things can get messy.
- Chillax and enjoy a taco fiesta with your favorite amigos.
- Beans - All