You know what's way better than a bowl? A ripe, creamy avocado. This recipe fills half of an avocado with a perfectly seasoned spicy chickpea mash. These spiced chickpea avocado cups are the perfect starter at a party.
Spiced Chickpea Avocado Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 2 medium or large avocados
- A sprig of cilantro, for the garnish
- 2 tomatoes, for the garnish
- Add the chickpeas to medium sauce pan and place it on a medium heat.
- Add the spices and stir them until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Take chickpeas off the heat to cool.
- Add them to a large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of mayo.
- Begin to mash them with a fork until most of the chickpeas are broken up and fully coated with the mayo.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop chickpea salad inside.
- Garnish them with sliced tomato, cilantro, and crushed red pepper flakes.