Make a big cup of warm goodness in the cold weather. With spices like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, this cup is like giving yourself a big hug!
Spiced Chai Latte [Vegan]
Makes about 6 chai lattes.
Chai Spice Mix:
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 heaped teaspoon loose leaf black tea
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 star anise ground
- 1 cups vegan milk (almond or coconut milk work really well)
- ¼ cup boiled water
- 1 medjool date (seed removed)
- Add all the spices in a small jar (you will need to ground the cloves, star anise and black pepper) and mix well together and leave it to the side.
- Pour the milk and water into a saucepan, add 2 teaspoons (if you want it a little stronger add ½ teaspoon more or if you want to make this for two, simply add more chai mix and milk) of chai mix and bring to boil. Keep an eye on it and make sure it is stirred regularly.
- Once it is boiled, add the medjool date and let the chai sit for a few minutes. Pour into a blender and Blend until combined well.
- Pour into a mug (I poured it through a mesh strainer so there was no chunky bits), top with cinnamon and a cinnamon stick if you like and enjoy!
- You will still have enough chai spice mix left for a few more chai lattes to enjoy!