A hot frosty affogato is perfect for the best trend – dessert for breakfast! It is a frosty dessert with a hot pour, and it originated in Italy, of course the authentic version is made with vanilla ice cream. Spicy cashew cream instead of vanilla ice cream is way more interesting! It is an unbelievable experience: the taste of melting frosty sweet cashew cream melting under the hot rich mocha. Yes.
Spiced Cashew Cream Affogato [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cashews (soaked 15 minutes in boiling water and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons date paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan chocolate bar
- Cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup of hot espresso (hot chocolate can be substituted)
- Melt a vegan chocolate bar and line the inside of chilled parfait jars.
- Blend up cashew cream ingredients (soaked cashews, cinnamon cardamom, date paste, vanilla and salt), chill for 1/2 hour or until scoopable, spoon into the chocolate-coated jars. Pour about 2 tablespoons hot espresso. Make sure it is hot before you pour to get the full effect.
- Top with cacao nibs, serve immediately to enjoy the effect of the hot drink melting the icy cashew cream.