These flavorful carrot fries are a great, healthy option if you're craving some fries but don't want all the oil involved in deep-frying. The carrots are sliced up, lightly tossed in olive oil and a bold blend of garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne, and popped in the oven until they're crispy.These are a great appetizer to serve at a party or you can put them out along side the meal of your choosing.
Spiced Carrot Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound carrots, sliced into sticks
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Toss the olive oil mixture with sliced carrots.
- Spread the carrots, evenly, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook them for about 40-45 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes or so for even cooking.
- Serve them with tahini sauce or a creamy vegan dressing, if you like.