This dish is perfect for those nights where you want a delicious and filling meal but want to spend less than ten minutes in the kitchen. The soybean noodles cook within minutes and then you simply have to toss them in the savory peanut butter spinach sauce. For a tangy finish, squeeze some lime juice right on before serving.
Soybean Noodles in Peanut Butter Spinach Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 servings soybean noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- A little fresh lime juice
- 1 small handful salty peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Prepare the noodles according to package instructions. While they are boiling, make the sauce.
- Place the sesame oil, tamari, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, coconut milk, and half the spinach in a food processor and blend for a few seconds, until smooth. Then, bring to simmer in a pot on low heat for a minute or two, until the noodles are ready. Then add those and the remaining fresh baby spinach to the saucepan and carefully toss.
- Place in serving bowls, add a little fresh lime juice, the sesame seeds, and the peanuts. Serve with some extra tamari on the side.