For an evening in, make a delicious burger, and a soft homemade bread. Complete the grilled onion sandwich, tomato and lettuce, guacamole sauce.
Soy Burger With Homemade Bun [Vegan]
Ingredients (for 4 burgers):
- 1/2 cup dehydrated soy bites
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika (alternatively sweet paproka)
- smoked sea salt to taste (alternatively whole sea salt) to taste
- tamari soy sauce to taste
- gluten-free corn breadcrumbs (if needed)
- 1 pinch of dried thyme
Ingredients (for 4 burger buns):
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups wholemeal spelled flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brewer's yeast
- 1 cup of natural kamut milk (as an alternative to natural soya milk, or quinoa, or millet)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon barley malt
- white sesame seeds to taste
- black sesame seeds to taste
Procedure for burgers:
- Peel the carrots and cut them into very small cubes (brunoise), then sauté over a high heat in a greased pan of olive oil for 2 minutes. Peel the potatoes and steam them. Rehydrate the soy as indicated in the package, drain and squeeze it very well between the hands to remove as much water as possible, then let it dry for 2 minutes, cooking in a non-stick frying pan without oil.
- Mash the potato with a fork and collect the puree in a bowl. Season with the thyme, smoked paprika and salt, add carrots and soy and mix well. Put the mixture to harden in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more. After this time, work the mixture with your hands to obtain 4 burgers of the same size (or use the special burger press or a round-shaped pastry cutter). Brush them with extra virgin olive oil and tamari soy sauce. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper, then cook them in a preheated oven (preferably ventilated) until golden brown.
- Heat the milk and dissolve the yeast in it. In a large bowl add the 2 flours and the salt. Add malt and oil and start kneading with a wooden spoon. Slowly add the milk, continuing to knead with your hands. Knead the dough until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Divide it into 2 bowls and cover with the film. Let rise in a warm place until the volume is doubled. Divide the dough into 4 pieces of equal size and form the buns. Brush them with warm milk and sprinkle the surface with sesame seeds.
- Bake in an oven at 400ºF until golden brown (depending on the oven it will take between 12 and 20 minutes). Better to do the toothpick test and remove them when they are still soft. Let them cool before cutting them.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile