We all know that a good crust makes or breaks a pie. This pizza crust will not disappoint because it tastes just like the sourdough bread we all know and love! Top it with whatever toppings you enjoy and dig in. It's so worth it.
Whole Wheat Sourdough Pizza Crust [Vegan]
- 1 cup active starter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup semolina flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix the first four ingredients together, then slowly add flour until you get a soft, pliable dough. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for as long as it needs to at least double. This may be upwards of 24 hours depending on your environment.
- Punch it down, fold it over a few times, and stick it in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours but for as long as a week. Flavor and texture build with time.
- When you're ready for it, work this recipe into two halves on a floured board; cover them with delicious veggies as you see fit. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 475°F or as high as your oven will go.