There are few things in life that are better than taking the first bite of a perfectly made smore – the crunch of the graham cracker, the burnt caramel from the marshmallow, and the rich, melty chocolate. But what if you could have all of that, plus ice cream? This Smores Ice Cream Cake has all of the flavors and textures a perfect smore does but with the added bonus of being a cool and creamy treat. It's the ultimate summer dessert.
S’mores Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
For the Middle Layer:
- 1/2 cup cacao
- Around 10 large pitted dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the Top Layer:
To Make the Bottom Layer:
- Soak the cashews in water and set them aside.
- Crumble graham crackers in a blender.
- Melt vegan butter in a microwave safe container for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, mix together graham crackers and butter they're until combined.
- Cover a stoneware loaf pan with parchment paper and pour graham cracker crumb mixture into pan.
- With the 1/4 cup measuring cup, press down on the graham cracker crumb mixture until it's firm.
- Place this in the freezer for one hour. Go do something else and then come back to the middle layer one hour later.
To Make the Middle Layer:
- Once your first hour is up, make the sauce by boiling one cup water.
- Add cacao, dates, boiling water, and olive oil into a blender and mix everything well. You may want to leave a little water and oil if you want a more fudgy consistency.
- Pour this chocolate layer over graham cracker layer and leave some aside to drizzle over the top.
- Place the cake back into the freezer for another hour.
To Make the Top Layer:
- After your second hour is up, it’s time to make the ice cream layer. Place your ice cream ingredients into a blender and mix them well. The consistency should be thick but still runny.
- Pour this over top the fudge layer and let the ice cream cake sit, overnight, in the freezer.
- When you're ready to serve, take your leftover fudge, warm it up a bit, and drizzle it over the top of your cake.