This simple pea soup is one of the best ways to get near-instant gratification. It takes only six minutes to get this light and tasty meal on the table. It's great as-is, or you can jazz it up with a number of herbs, spices, and other add-ins.
6 Minute Green Pea Soup [Vegan]
- 2 2/3 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Fry the garlic in the oil, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the peas and the liquid and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
- Blend in a blender, food processor or with a stick blender.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Eat as is or garnish with any favorite flavors.