Sometimes the simplest things are the most successful. This is the kind of thing you can make whenever you're in a hurry. I used a mandolin and I literally took me 5 minutes to make this dish. If you want to make it a bit more filling you can just add some quinoa but the avocado that I added was enough for me.
Simple Turnip Salad [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and grated
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup red cabbage grated
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the grated cabbage, turnips, carrots, and pumpkin seeds into a salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Top it with a fresh ripe avocado.