A vegan macaroni salad is exactly what you need to complete your summer barbecue. While the black bean burgers and veggie kabobs get all the attention, it's the side salads, appetizers, dips, and chips that steal the show. This super easy and creamy vegan macaroni salad is right on the top of that list of things that will soak up the glory. Pasta is tossed with crisp vegetables like bell pepper, celery, and onion with pickles providing a tangy, salty punch that will leave everybody coming back for a second helping. You can add whatever leftover veggies you want and have left from other dishes. Make it over the weekend, and you can bring vegan macaroni salad for lunch to work during the week!
Simple Summer Macaroni Salad [Vegan]
For the Macaroni Salad:
- 1 box of noodles of your choice
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced pickles
- 1 cup corn
- 3 or 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 heaping tablespoons mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Optional Add-Ins:
- Snow peas
- Cook pasta. Run under cold water to cool off.
- Throw all the ingredients together and mix well, eat cold!