Tiramisu is one of the great delicacies of this world and this recipe lives up to its predecessors. This is a simple but delicious tiramisu that starts with a coffee and almond cake that is layered with a vanilla, cashew cream. This recipe makes a personalized dessert, so you don't have to worry about sharing.
Simple Raw Tiramisu [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 6 dates, pitted and soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of espresso
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 banana
- Vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Mix the almonds, dates, salt, and the espresso together in a blender or food processor. The mass should still be slightly lumpy.
- Now mix all ingredients for the cream in a different vessel until they're smooth.
- First press a bit of the coffee mixture in a 4-inch springform pan to form a thin bottom put half of the cream on it.
- Repeat this process until you have used up you two mixtures.
- Place the confection in the freezer for an hour.
- Before serving, allow it to thaw briefly and sprinkle with the cocoa over the top.