If you are a fan of lemon desserts, you will love this simple lemon curd by Jesse Lane Lee. It is really easy to make with only 4 ingredients. it is delicious on its own or incorporated into other desserts.
Simple Lemon Curd [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup lemon juice (3 to 5 lemons)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (2 lemons)
- Dissolve arrowroot starch in 3 tablespoons coconut milk.
- In a small pot, whisk together lemon juice, remaining coconut milk and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly, 6 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and arrowroot mixture and stir until the mixture thickens, 30 seconds. Remove from heat as soon as it thickens otherwise it won’t thicken.
- Pour the lemon curd into heatproof serving dishes and refrigerate to chill.