The base of this smoothie bowl is over-ripe frozen bananas. They have the perfect sweetness and consistency. There is also silken tofu, which is low in fat and high in protein. Crushed flax seeds provide fibers and make this smoothie actually quite filling. De-oiled cacao powder is the secret ingredient that makes it chocolatey.
Silken Tofu Chocolate Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons de-oiled (or raw) cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons crushed flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts
- Edible flowers
- Blend frozen bananas, silken tofu, cacao powder, vanilla bean, and crushed flax seeds until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with banana slices, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and edible flowers.