Beets are one of my favorite foods and I'm lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest where they can be found locally for most of the year.
Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens [Vegan]
2 - 4
- 2 bunches of beets
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 leek, ends removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the greens from the beets and set aside. Chop the beets. Toss beets with one tablespoon of sesame oil and lay flat on sheet pan. Roast for 25 - 30 minutes, turning twice, until beets are tender (but not mushy).
- Chop the beet greens. Add one tablespoon of sesame oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté for two minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add the the greens and liquid aminos and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Drizzle beets with remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Garnish beets and greens with sesame seeds and serve warm.
- Beet Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 255 | Carbs: 31 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 860 mg | Sugar: 19 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Hello – What is \’Bragg’s liquid aminos\’? If it\’s not available this side of the pond, what could I use instead?
You could use soy sauce instead, Bragga liquid aminos is a natural soy sauce alternative made from soy protein.