Beets are one of my favorite foods and I'm lucky to live in the Pacific Northwest where they can be found locally for most of the year.
Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens [Vegan]
2 - 4
Ingredients You Need for Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens [Vegan]
- 2 bunches of beets
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 leek, ends removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Sesame seeds for garnish
How to Prepare Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the greens from the beets and set aside. Chop the beets. Toss beets with one tablespoon of sesame oil and lay flat on sheet pan. Roast for 25 - 30 minutes, turning twice, until beets are tender (but not mushy).
- Chop the beet greens. Add one tablespoon of sesame oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté for two minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Add the the greens and liquid aminos and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Drizzle beets with remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. Garnish beets and greens with sesame seeds and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Beet Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 255 | Carbs: 31 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 860 mg | Sugar: 19 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.