Tofu is not only a great source of protein, but it is an amazing flavor absorber! Not only does marinating have these tofu skewers tasting deliciously savory, but they also get slightly crispy while cooking. Paired with peanut sauce that you can enjoy crunchy or smooth, this dish is wonderful as a party appetizer, finger food, or even as a meal. Try it with coconut rice or plain rice for a filling lunch.
Sesame Ginger Tofu Skewers With Peanut Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
For the Tofu:
- 1 pound tofu, cut into 12 pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1/2 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 6 skewers
- 2 tablespoons oil, for frying
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
To Make the Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepot and bring to a simmer. Stir until all ingredients are combined, then remove from heat.
To Make the Skewers:
- Marinate tofu in soy, sesame oil, garlic, sriracha, and sesame seeds for about 5 minutes. Heat a pan with oil and sear tofu on both sides. Remove from the pan and skewer 2 pieces of tofu onto each skewer.