Cucumbers are so light, crisp and refreshing in the summertime – why chop them up and hide them in salads? Let them shine in this noodle dish!
Sesame-Ginger Cucumber Noodles With Mint and Edamame [Vegan]
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon agave
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 serrano pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
For the rest:
- 1 large seedless (English) cucumber, Blade C
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- Place all of the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Pat the spiralized cucumber dry, removing as much excess moisture as possible. Place into a large mixing bowl along with the scallions, edamame and bell pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the cucumber noodle mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.