If you're looking to incorporate more sea vegetables into your diet (and you should because they're so good for you!), this is a great place to start! Chewy ribbons of seaweed are coated in a sesame ginger dressing that's so flavorful, you'll want to lick the bowl!
Seaweed Salad With Toasted Sesame Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 ounce dry seaweed
- Cold water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled into long strips
- Sliced cucumbers
- Scallions, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Put the dry seaweed in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, depending how tender you want it. Drain the water and squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, agave, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Mix well and taste for seasoning adjustments. Toss the seaweed with part of the dressing.
- On a platter, arrange the carrot curls and cucumbers. Top with the seaweed salad. Add more dressing as desired. Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.